Acute Progression of BCR-FGFR1 Induced Murine B-Lympho/Myeloproliferative Disorder Suggests Involvement of Lineages at the Pro-B Cell Stage
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConstitutive activation of FGFR1, through rearrangement with various dimerization domains, leads to atypical myeloproliferative disorders where, although T cell lymphoma are common, the BCR-FGFR1 chimeric kinase results in CML-like leukemia. As with the human disease, mouse bone marrow transduction/transplantation with BCR-FGFR1 leads to CML-like myeloproliferation as well as B-cell leukemia/lymphoma. The murine disease described in this report is virtually identical to the human disease in that both showed bi-lineage involvement of myeloid and B-cells, splenomegaly, leukocytosis and bone marrow hypercellularity. A CD19+ IgMâ CD43+ immunophenotype was seen both in primary tumors and two cell lines derived from these tumors. In all primary tumors, subpopulations of these CD19+ IgMâ CD43+ were also either B220+ or B220â , suggesting a block in differentiation at the pro-B cell stage. The B220â phenotype was retained in one of the cell lines while the other was B220+. When the two cell lines were transplanted into syngeneic mice, all animals developed the same B-lymphoblastic leukemia within 2-weeks. Thus, the murine model described here closely mimics the human disease with bilineage myeloid and B-cell leukemia/lymphoma which provides a representative model to investigate therapeutic intervention and a better understanding of the etiology of the disease.
CitationPLoS One. 2012 Jun 6; 7(6):e38265
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms with t(8;22)(p11.2;q11.2)/BCR-FGFR1: a meta-analysis of 20 cases shows cytogenetic progression with B-lymphoid blast phase.
- Authors: Montenegro-Garreaud X, Miranda RN, Reynolds A, Tang G, Wang SA, Yabe M, Wang W, Fang L, Bueso-Ramos CE, Lin P, Medeiros LJ, Lu X
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Dual lympho-myeloproliferative disorder in a patient with t(8;22) with BCR-FGFR1 gene fusion.
- Authors: Murati A, Arnoulet C, Lafage-Pochitaloff M, Adélaide J, Derré M, Slama B, Delaval B, Popovici C, Vey N, Xerri L, Mozziconacci MJ, Boulat O, Sainty D, Birnbaum D, Chaffanet M
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Genetic fingerprinting of the development and progression of T-cell lymphoma in a murine model of atypical myeloproliferative disorder initiated by the ZNF198-fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 chimeric tyrosine kinase.
- Authors: Ren M, Li X, Cowell JK
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 20
- Src activation plays an important key role in lymphomagenesis induced by FGFR1 fusion kinases.
- Authors: Ren M, Qin H, Ren R, Tidwell J, Cowell JK
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 1
- Efficient and rapid induction of a chronic myelogenous leukemia-like myeloproliferative disease in mice receiving P210 bcr/abl-transduced bone marrow.
- Authors: Pear WS, Miller JP, Xu L, Pui JC, Soffer B, Quackenbush RC, Pendergast AM, Bronson R, Aster JC, Scott ML, Baltimore D
- Issue date: 1998 Nov 15