AbstractRare genetic variants have been shown to be important to the susceptibility of common human diseases. Methods for detecting association of rare genetic variants are drawing much attention. In this report, we applied a gene-based approach to the 200 simulated data sets of unrelated individuals. The test can detect the association of some genes with multiple rare variants.
CitationBMC Proc. 2011 Nov 29; 5(Suppl 9):S7
- GENOME-WIDE ASSOCIATION MAPPING AND RARE ALLELES: FROM POPULATION GENOMICS TO PERSONALIZED MEDICINE - Session Introduction.
- Authors: DE LA Vega FM, Bustamante CD, Leal SM
- Issue date: 2011
- Smoothed functional principal component analysis for testing association of the entire allelic spectrum of genetic variation.
- Authors: Luo L, Zhu Y, Xiong M
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Exome Sequencing of Familial Bipolar Disorder.
- Authors: Goes FS, Pirooznia M, Parla JS, Kramer M, Ghiban E, Mavruk S, Chen YC, Monson ET, Willour VL, Karchin R, Flickinger M, Locke AE, Levy SE, Scott LJ, Boehnke M, Stahl E, Moran JL, Hultman CM, Landén M, Purcell SM, Sklar P, Zandi PP, McCombie WR, Potash JB
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 1
- Transmission and decorrelation methods for detecting rare variants using sequencing data from related individuals.
- Authors: Darst BF, Engelman CD
- Issue date: 2016
- Association tests for rare and common variants based on genotypic and phenotypic measures of similarity between individuals.
- Authors: Thalamuthu A, Zhao J, Keong GT, Kondragunta V, Mukhopadhyay I
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 29