The Role of Uridine Adenosine Tetraphosphate in the Vascular System
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe endothelium plays a pivotal role in vascular homeostasis, and endothelial dysfunction is a major feature of cardiovascular diseases, such as arterial hypertension, atherosclerosis, and diabetes. Recently, uridine adenosine tetraphosphate (Up4A) has been identified as a novel and potent endothelium-derived contracting factor (EDCF). Up4A structurally contains both purine and pyrimidine moieties, which activate purinergic receptors. There is an accumulating body of evidence to show that Up4A modulates vascular function by actions on endothelial and smooth muscle cells. In this paper, we discuss the effects of Up4A on vascular function and a potential role for Up4A in cardiovascular diseases.
CitationAdv Pharmacol Sci. 2011 Nov 1; 2011:435132
- Constrictor prostanoids and uridine adenosine tetraphosphate: vascular mediators and therapeutic targets in hypertension and diabetes.
- Authors: Matsumoto T, Goulopoulou S, Taguchi K, Tostes RC, Kobayashi T
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Uridine adenosine tetraphosphate and purinergic signaling in cardiovascular system: An update.
- Authors: Zhou Z, Matsumoto T, Jankowski V, Pernow J, Mustafa SJ, Duncker DJ, Merkus D
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Alterations in vasoconstrictor responses to the endothelium-derived contracting factor uridine adenosine tetraphosphate are region specific in DOCA-salt hypertensive rats.
- Authors: Matsumoto T, Tostes RC, Webb RC
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- The endothelium-derived contracting factor uridine adenosine tetraphosphate induces P2Y(2)-mediated pro-inflammatory signaling by monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 formation.
- Authors: Schuchardt M, Prüfer J, Prüfer N, Wiedon A, Huang T, Chebli M, Jankowski V, Jankowski J, Schäfer-Korting M, Zidek W, van der Giet M, Tölle M
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Uridine adenosine tetraphosphate: a novel endothelium- derived vasoconstrictive factor.
- Authors: Jankowski V, Tölle M, Vanholder R, Schönfelder G, van der Giet M, Henning L, Schlüter H, Paul M, Zidek W, Jankowski J
- Issue date: 2005 Feb