Molecular Basis of NDM-1, a New Antibiotic Resistance Determinant
Li, Keqin Kathy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe New Delhi Metallo-b-lactamase (NDM-1) was first reported in 2009 in a Swedish patient. A recent study reported that Klebsiella pneumonia NDM-1 positive strain or Escherichia coli NDM-1 positive strain was highly resistant to all antibiotics tested except tigecycline and colistin. These can no longer be relied on to treat infections and therefore, NDM-1 now becomes potentially a major global health threat.
CitationPLoS One. 2011 Aug 24; 6(8):e23606
- Characterization of purified New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase-1.
- Authors: Thomas PW, Zheng M, Wu S, Guo H, Liu D, Xu D, Fast W
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 22
- Structure-based computational study of the hydrolysis of New Delhi metallo-β-lactmase-1.
- Authors: Zhu K, Lu J, Ye F, Jin L, Kong X, Liang Z, Chen Y, Yu K, Jiang H, Li JQ, Luo C
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 1
- New Delhi Metallo-beta lactamase (NDM-1) in Enterobacteriaceae: treatment options with carbapenems compromised.
- Authors: Deshpande P, Rodrigues C, Shetty A, Kapadia F, Hedge A, Soman R
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Biochemical characteristics of New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase-1 show unexpected difference to other MBLs.
- Authors: Li T, Wang Q, Chen F, Li X, Luo S, Fang H, Wang D, Li Z, Hou X, Wang H
- Issue date: 2013
- An enzoinformatics study for prediction of efficacies of three novel penem antibiotics against New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase-1 bacterial enzyme.
- Authors: Ansari MA, Shaikh S, Shakil S, Rizvi SM
- Issue date: 2014 Sep