Analysis of Wilms Tumors Using SNP Mapping Array-Based Comparative Genomic Hybridization
AbstractWilms tumor (WT) has been a model to study kidney embryogenesis and tumorigenesis and, although associated with hereditary, cancer predisposition syndromes, the majority of tumors occur sporadically. To analyze genetic changes in WT we have defined copy number changes and loss of heterozygosity in 56 Wilms tumors using high resolution oligonucleotide arrays at a average resolution of â ¼12 Kb. Consistent deletions were seen on chromosomes 1p, 4q, 7p, 9q, 11p, 11q, 14q, 16q, and 21q. High frequency gains were seen for 1q and lower frequency gains were seen on 7q and chromosomes 8, 12 and 18. The high resolution provided by the SNP mapping arrays has defined minimal regions of deletion for many of these LOH events. Analysis of CNAs by tumor stage show relatively stable karyotypes in stage 1 tumors and more complex aCGH profiles in tumors from stages 3â 5.
CitationPLoS One. 2011 Apr 22; 6(4):e18941
- Genomic profiling maps loss of heterozygosity and defines the timing and stage dependence of epigenetic and genetic events in Wilms' tumors.
- Authors: Yuan E, Li CM, Yamashiro DJ, Kandel J, Thaker H, Murty VV, Tycko B
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Loss of heterozygosity for chromosomes 1p and 16q is an adverse prognostic factor in favorable-histology Wilms tumor: a report from the National Wilms Tumor Study Group.
- Authors: Grundy PE, Breslow NE, Li S, Perlman E, Beckwith JB, Ritchey ML, Shamberger RC, Haase GM, D'Angio GJ, Donaldson M, Coppes MJ, Malogolowkin M, Shearer P, Thomas PR, Macklis R, Tomlinson G, Huff V, Green DM, National Wilms Tumor Study Group.
- Issue date: 2005 Oct 10
- Screening for submicroscopic chromosomal rearrangements in Wilms tumor using whole-genome microarrays.
- Authors: Rassekh SR, Chan S, Harvard C, Dix D, Qiao Y, Rajcan-Separovic E
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 15
- Comparative genomic hybridization and its application to Wilms' tumorigenesis.
- Authors: Getman ME, Houseal TW, Miller GA, Grundy PE, Cowell JK, Landes GM
- Issue date: 1998
- Correlations between Histological and Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization Characterizations of Wilms Tumor.
- Authors: Chiang MR, Kuo CW, Wang WC, Hou TC, Kuo CY, Lu MY, Lai YC
- Issue date: 2019 Jul