Romero, Maritza J.
Toque, Haroldo A.
Caldwell, Ruth B.
Caldwell, Robert William
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEndothelial dysfunction is a key event in the development of vascular disease, and it precedes clinically obvious vascular pathology. Abnormal activation of the RhoA/Rho kinase (ROCK) pathway has been found to elevate vascular tone through unbalancing the production of vasodilating and vasoconstricting substances. Inhibition of the RhoA/ROCK pathway can prevent endothelial dysfunction in a variety of pathological conditions. This review, based on recent molecular, cellular, and animal studies, focuses on the current understanding of the ROCK pathway and its roles in endothelial dysfunction.
CitationJ Cardiovasc Dis Res. 2010 Oct-Dec; 1(4):165-170
- Could pharmacological curtailment of the RhoA/Rho-kinase pathway reverse the endothelial barrier dysfunction associated with Ebola virus infection?
- Authors: Eisa-Beygi S, Wen XY
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- The role of the RhoA/Rho-kinase signaling pathway in renal vascular reactivity in endothelial nitric oxide synthase null mice.
- Authors: Williams J, Bogwu J, Oyekan A
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- GPER inhibits diabetes-mediated RhoA activation to prevent vascular endothelial dysfunction.
- Authors: Li Z, Cheng L, Liang H, Duan W, Hu J, Zhi W, Yang J, Liu Z, Zhao M, Liu J
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Up-regulation of the RhoA/Rho-kinase signaling pathway in corpus cavernosum from endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (NOS), but not neuronal NOS, null mice.
- Authors: Priviero FB, Jin LM, Ying Z, Teixeira CE, Webb RC
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- RhoA/Rho-associated kinase pathway selectively regulates thrombin-induced intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression in endothelial cells via activation of I kappa B kinase beta and phosphorylation of RelA/p65.
- Authors: Anwar KN, Fazal F, Malik AB, Rahman A
- Issue date: 2004 Dec 1