The need for culturally-tailored smartphone applications for weight control.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractApproximately 35% of U.S. adults are obese, and this rate is expected to increase by almost 50% by 2030. New media such as smartphone applications (apps) provide a useful and low-cost way to disseminate weight control information. For many culturally distinctive population subgroups, however, there is currently an absence of research-tested smartphone apps for weight control.
CitationThe need for culturally-tailored smartphone applications for weight control. 2016, 5 (3):228-232, Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association
AffiliationCoughlin, S. S., Hardy, D. Caplan, L. S. (2016). Department of Community Health and Sustainability, Division of Public Health, University of Massachusetts, Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, College of Allied Health Sciences, Augusta University, Department of Community Health and Preventive Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Smartphone Applications for Promoting Healthy Diet and Nutrition: A Literature Review.
- Authors: Coughlin SS, Whitehead M, Sheats JQ, Mastromonico J, Hardy D, Smith SA
- Issue date: 2015
- Towards research-tested smartphone applications for preventing breast cancer.
- Authors: Coughlin SS, Thind H, Liu B, Wilson LC
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Using Smartphones and Health Apps to Change and Manage Health Behaviors: A Population-Based Survey.
- Authors: Ernsting C, Dombrowski SU, Oedekoven M, O Sullivan JL, Kanzler M, Kuhlmey A, Gellert P
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 5
- Health Benefits and Cost-Effectiveness From Promoting Smartphone Apps for Weight Loss: Multistate Life Table Modeling.
- Authors: Cleghorn C, Wilson N, Nair N, Kvizhinadze G, Nghiem N, McLeod M, Blakely T
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 15
- Smartphone apps to improve fitness and increase physical activity among young people: protocol of the Apps for IMproving FITness (AIMFIT) randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Direito A, Jiang Y, Whittaker R, Maddison R
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 11