A review of community-based participatory research studies to promote physical activity among African Americans.
AbstractAs part of the planning process for new research, the literature on community-based participatory research (CBPR) approaches for promoting physical activity in African American communities was systematically reviewed.
CitationA review of community-based participatory research studies to promote physical activity among African Americans. 2016, 5 (3):220-227 Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association
AffiliationDepartment of Community Health and Sustainability, Division of Public Health, University of Massachusetts, Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Institute of Public and Preventive Health, Augusta University
- Community-Based Participatory Research to Promote Healthy Diet and Nutrition and Prevent and Control Obesity Among African-Americans: a Literature Review.
- Authors: Coughlin SS, Smith SA
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Community-Based Participatory Research Studies on HIV/AIDS Prevention, 2005-2014.
- Authors: Coughlin SS
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- A systematic review of lifestyle interventions for chronic diseases in rural communities.
- Authors: Smith SA, Ansa B
- Issue date: 2016 Spring
- Community-engaged and community-based participatory research to promote American Heart Association Life's Simple 7 among African American adults: A systematic review.
- Authors: Elgazzar R, Nolan TS, Joseph JJ, Aboagye-Mensah EB, Azap RA, Gray DM 2nd
- Issue date: 2020
- The GoodNEWS (Genes, Nutrition, Exercise, Wellness, and Spiritual Growth) Trial: a community-based participatory research (CBPR) trial with African-American church congregations for reducing cardiovascular disease risk factors--recruitment, measurement, and randomization.
- Authors: DeHaven MJ, Ramos-Roman MA, Gimpel N, Carson J, DeLemos J, Pickens S, Simmons C, Powell-Wiley T, Banks-Richard K, Shuval K, Duvahl J, Tong L, Hsieh N, Lee JJ
- Issue date: 2011 Sep