Context matters: A community-based study of urban minority parents' views on child health.
AuthorsBolar, Cassandra L
Akintobi, Tabia Henry
Ferguson, Aneeqah S
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAmong children, there are substantial ethno-racial minority disparities across a broad range of health-related behaviors, experiences, and outcomes. Addressing these disparities is important, as childhood and adolescence establish health trajectories that extend throughout life.
CitationContext matters: A community-based study of urban minority parents' views on child health. 2016, 5 (3):212-219 J Ga Public Health Assoc
AffiliationSatcher Health Leadership Institute and Prevention Research Center, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Family pediatrics: report of the Task Force on the Family.
- Authors: Schor EL, American Academy of Pediatrics Task Force on the Family.
- Issue date: 2003 Jun
- Social determinants of health among African Americans in a rural community in the Deep South: an ecological exploration.
- Authors: Scott AJ, Wilson RF
- Issue date: 2011
- The effectiveness of web-based programs on the reduction of childhood obesity in school-aged children: A systematic review.
- Authors: Antwi F, Fazylova N, Garcon MC, Lopez L, Rubiano R, Slyer JT
- Issue date: 2012
- A community engagement process identifies environmental priorities to prevent early childhood obesity: the Children's Healthy Living (CHL) program for remote underserved populations in the US Affiliated Pacific Islands, Hawaii and Alaska.
- Authors: Fialkowski MK, DeBaryshe B, Bersamin A, Nigg C, Leon Guerrero R, Rojas G, Areta AA, Vargo A, Belyeu-Camacho T, Castro R, Luick B, Novotny R, CHL Team.
- Issue date: 2014 Dec