Consensus nomenclature for the human ArfGAP domain-containing proteins
AuthorsKahn, Richard A.
Logsdon, John M.
Premont, Richard T.
Randazzo, Paul A.
Theibert, Anne B.
Zapp, Maria L.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAt the FASEB summer research conference on â Arf Family GTPasesâ , held in Il Ciocco, Italy in June, 2007, it became evident to researchers that our understanding of the family of Arf GTPase activating proteins (ArfGAPs) has grown exponentially in recent years. A common nomenclature for these genes and proteins will facilitate discovery of biological functions and possible connections to pathogenesis. Nearly 100 researchers were contacted to generate a consensus nomenclature for human ArfGAPs. This article describes the resulting consensus nomenclature and provides a brief description of each of the 10 subfamilies of 31 human genes encoding proteins containing the ArfGAP domain.
CitationJ Cell Biol. 2008 Sep 22; 182(6):1039-1044
- An ADP-ribosylation factor GTPase-activating protein Git2-short/KIAA0148 is involved in subcellular localization of paxillin and actin cytoskeletal organization.
- Authors: Mazaki Y, Hashimoto S, Okawa K, Tsubouchi A, Nakamura K, Yagi R, Yano H, Kondo A, Iwamatsu A, Mizoguchi A, Sabe H
- Issue date: 2001 Mar
- ArfGAP family proteins in cell adhesion, migration and tumor invasion.
- Authors: Sabe H, Onodera Y, Mazaki Y, Hashimoto S
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Leucine-zipper-mediated homo- and hetero-dimerization of GIT family p95-ARF GTPase-activating protein, PIX-, paxillin-interacting proteins 1 and 2.
- Authors: Paris S, Longhi R, Santambrogio P, de Curtis I
- Issue date: 2003 Jun 1
- The structure of an Arf-ArfGAP complex reveals a Ca2+ regulatory mechanism.
- Authors: Ismail SA, Vetter IR, Sot B, Wittinghofer A
- Issue date: 2010 May 28
- Analysis of the subcellular distribution of avian p95-APP2, an ARF-GAP orthologous to mammalian paxillin kinase linker.
- Authors: Paris S, Za L, Sporchia B, de Curtis I
- Issue date: 2002 Jul