• Medical College of Georgia - Students

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1950)
      Photographs of Medical College of Georgia students in classroom and laboratory settings. Most photographs were used in campus publications, primarily promotional material such as the course catalogs.
    • Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD

      Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1945)
      Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD began his career at the Medical College of Georgia in 1920. He was professor of medicine and chair of the department of medicine from 1922 until 1957. Sydenstricker was nationally and internationally recognized in the medical fields of hematology and nutrition. During World War II, he served as the head of the European Nutritional Section of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (1944-1945). In this capacity, he was the medical officer in charge of rehabilitating malnourished victims of the Nazi Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. He also oversaw the rehabilitation of newly released prisoners of war and Dutch civilians. This photograph collection includes photos from Sydenstricker's WWII scrapbook as well as photos taken while on rounds with his residents. The finding aid for the Virgil P. Sydenstricker Collection can be veiwed here - https://guides.augusta.edu/ld.php?content_id=45343880.
    • Medical Fraternities on the Health Sciences Campus

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1956)
      Collection of images of medical fraternities on the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus. Some fraternities are no longer in existence. The images in this collection were scanned from the Aesculapian yearbook or from original print photographs. The year range of the images is 1923-1956.
    • President Jesse L. Steinfeld, 1983-1987

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1987)
      Jesse Leonard Steinfeld, MD served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School.
    • Dr. Morse Collection

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-02-05)
    • Recording Studio

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-01-10)
    • The Dental College of Georgia, 1970s

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-01-10)
      Photographs of dental medicine students, faculty and patients from the 1970s. Up until February 2011, The Dental College of Georgia was known as the MCG School of Dentistry. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Kelly Administration Building

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1970)
    • Hospital - Augusta University Medical Center, 1970s

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-27)
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Sanders Research & Education and Hamilton Annex

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-27)
    • President William H. Moretz, 1972-1983

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1972)
      William Henry Moretz served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School. Prior to serving as the President of the university, Moretz was a faculty member of the School of Medicine in the Department of Surgery.
    • Telemedicine

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-20)
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Old University Hospital (Extinct)

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-20)
      The old University Hospital once stood where today's Health Sciences Building stands. The City of Augusta built the University Hospital which opened in June 1915. Up until the Augusta University Medical Center (then known as the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital) opened in 1956, the old University Hospital was the teaching hospital of the institution. In the 1970s, University Hospital constructed it's current facility and moved out of the old one. The legacy institution of the Health Sciences Campus used the old University Hospital building until it was demolished in the 1990s.
    • Hospital - Dedication Ceremony of the Sydenstricker Wing, 1976

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1976)
    • 1974 Aerial Photographs of the Augusta University Health Science Campus

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-19)
    • 1973 Aerial Photographs of the Augusta University Health Science Campus

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-19)
    • Hospital - Augusta University Medical Center, 1980s-1990s

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1972)
      These photographs showcase Augusta University Medical Center from the 1980s to the 1990s. When the hospital opened in 1956 as the teaching hospital of the institution, it was formally named the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital. After many years as being known as MCG Hospital, it is today the Augusta University Medical Center.
    • Health Sciences Campus - Student Life

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2014-12-17)
      These photographs represent campus life for the students of the Augusta University legacy institution, Medical College of Georgia, primarily from the 1970s to the 1980s. Acknowledgement of the Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University as a source is required.
    • College of Nursing - Deans

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Portraits of the individuals who served as Deans of the College of Nursing. Up until February 2011, the College of Nursing was known as the MCG School of Nursing. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Medical College of Georgia - Class Photographs

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      This collection consists of yearly class photographs of the Medical College of Georgia. From 1950 to February 2011, the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) was one of the five schools under the university-wide name MCG and was known as the MCG School of Medicine. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University