• Equipment: Medical and Laboratory

      Augusta University, 2011
      These photographs from the 1950s to the 1960s depict various medical and laboratory equipment used to treat patients and/or teach medical, nursing, and allied health science students in Augusta University’s teaching hospital formerly known as the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • College of Allied Health Sciences - Deans

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Portraits of the individuals who served as Dean of the College of Allied Health Sciences. Up until February 2011, the College of Allied Health Sciences was known as the MCG School of Allied Health Sciences. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • College of Nursing - Deans

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Portraits of the individuals who served as Deans of the College of Nursing. Up until February 2011, the College of Nursing was known as the MCG School of Nursing. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • The Graduate School - Deans

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Portraits of the individuals who served as Dean of The Graduate School. Up until February 2011, The Graduate School was known as the MCG School of Graduate Studies. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • The Dental College of Georgia - Deans

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Portraits of individuals who served as Dean of the Dental College of Georgia. Up until February 2011, the Dental College of Georgia was known as the MCG School of Dentistry. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Medical College of Georgia - Class Photographs

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      This collection consists of yearly class photographs of the Medical College of Georgia. From 1950 to February 2011, the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) was one of the five schools under the university-wide name MCG and was known as the MCG School of Medicine. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • President Jesse L. Steinfeld, 1983-1987

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1987)
      Jesse Leonard Steinfeld, MD served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School.
    • Hospital - Dedication Ceremony of the Sydenstricker Wing, 1976

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1976)
    • Hospital - Augusta University Medical Center, 1980s-1990s

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1972)
      These photographs showcase Augusta University Medical Center from the 1980s to the 1990s. When the hospital opened in 1956 as the teaching hospital of the institution, it was formally named the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital. After many years as being known as MCG Hospital, it is today the Augusta University Medical Center.
    • President William H. Moretz, 1972-1983

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1972)
      William Henry Moretz served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School. Prior to serving as the President of the university, Moretz was a faculty member of the School of Medicine in the Department of Surgery.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Kelly Administration Building

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1970)
    • Medical Horizons

      Ciba Pharmaceutical Products, Inc; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1956-09-23)
      This collection of photographs was given to the Medical College of Georgia from the Ciba Pharmaceutical Products, Inc. as a memento of MCG's participation in the "Medical Horizons" telecast on September 23, 1956.
    • Medical Fraternities on the Health Sciences Campus

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1956)
      Collection of images of medical fraternities on the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus. Some fraternities are no longer in existence. The images in this collection were scanned from the Aesculapian yearbook or from original print photographs. The year range of the images is 1923-1956.
    • Medical College of Georgia - Students

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1950)
      Photographs of Medical College of Georgia students in classroom and laboratory settings. Most photographs were used in campus publications, primarily promotional material such as the course catalogs.
    • Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD

      Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1945)
      Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD began his career at the Medical College of Georgia in 1920. He was professor of medicine and chair of the department of medicine from 1922 until 1957. Sydenstricker was nationally and internationally recognized in the medical fields of hematology and nutrition. During World War II, he served as the head of the European Nutritional Section of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (1944-1945). In this capacity, he was the medical officer in charge of rehabilitating malnourished victims of the Nazi Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. He also oversaw the rehabilitation of newly released prisoners of war and Dutch civilians. This photograph collection includes photos from Sydenstricker's WWII scrapbook as well as photos taken while on rounds with his residents. The finding aid for the Virgil P. Sydenstricker Collection can be veiwed here - https://guides.augusta.edu/ld.php?content_id=45343880.
    • Former Faculty on the Health Sciences Campus

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1940)
      This photograph collection consists of former faculty members of the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus when the legacy institution-wide name was the Medical College of Georgia.
    • Alice Stewart World War I Scrapbooks

      Stewart, Alice; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1915)
      Alice Stewart was from Milford, Ohio and studied nursing at the Roosevelt Hospital School of Nursing in New York City. She worked as an operating room nurse at the hospital until World War I began. Stewart volunteered and became a member of an Anglo-French Red Cross Nursing Unit. She spent the war years, November 1915 to January 1919, at Arc-en-Barrios, Haute Marne, France nursing wounded soldiers. After WWI, Stewart served as the Director of Nurses at the University Hospital in Augusta, GA. These photos are from two scrapbooks in the Alice F. Stewart Papers collection held in the Historical Collections and Archives at the Robert B. Greenblatt, MD Library.
    • University Hospital School of Nursing

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1897)
      This collection of photographs comes from the Alice F. Stewart Papers. Stewart was the Director of Nurses at the University Hospital for 24 years and served as the principal of the hospital's school of nursing. The photographs consist of student nurses in class groups and clinical settings.
    • MCG Foundation

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      The photographs were taken at various events hosted by the Medical College of Georgia Foundation.
    • Former Faculty - Department of Physiology

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      Photographs of former faculty members of the Department of Physiology.