• MCG Foundation

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      The photographs were taken at various events hosted by the Medical College of Georgia Foundation.
    • Medical College of Georgia - Class Photographs

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      This collection consists of yearly class photographs of the Medical College of Georgia. From 1950 to February 2011, the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) was one of the five schools under the university-wide name MCG and was known as the MCG School of Medicine. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Medical College of Georgia - Deans

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Portraits of the individuals who served as Dean of the Medical College of Georgia. From 1950 to February 2011, the Medical College of Georgia was referred to as the School of Medicine as one of the five schools under the university-wide name Medical College of Georgia. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Medical College of Georgia - Students

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1950)
      Photographs of Medical College of Georgia students in classroom and laboratory settings. Most photographs were used in campus publications, primarily promotional material such as the course catalogs.
    • Medical Fraternities on the Health Sciences Campus

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1956)
      Collection of images of medical fraternities on the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus. Some fraternities are no longer in existence. The images in this collection were scanned from the Aesculapian yearbook or from original print photographs. The year range of the images is 1923-1956.
    • Medical Horizons

      Ciba Pharmaceutical Products, Inc; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1956-09-23)
      This collection of photographs was given to the Medical College of Georgia from the Ciba Pharmaceutical Products, Inc. as a memento of MCG's participation in the "Medical Horizons" telecast on September 23, 1956.
    • President Jesse L. Steinfeld, 1983-1987

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1987)
      Jesse Leonard Steinfeld, MD served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School.
    • President William H. Moretz, 1972-1983

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1972)
      William Henry Moretz served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School. Prior to serving as the President of the university, Moretz was a faculty member of the School of Medicine in the Department of Surgery.
    • Presidents of Augusta University's Legacy Institution on Health Sciences Campus

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Portraits of the men who served as presidents of Augusta University’s legacy institution on its Health Sciences Campus. From 1950 to February 2011, the institution was known as the Medical College of Georgia (MCG). The institution was re-named in February 2011 as the Georgia Health Sciences University. In January 2013 the campus was consolidated with the former Augusta State University and became the Georgia Regents University. In October 2015, the university was re-named the Augusta University. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Recording Studio

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-01-10)
    • Robert B. Greenblatt, MD Library Photographs

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This photograph collection shows the history of the Robert B. Greenblatt, MD Library located on the Health Sciences Campus of Augusta University. The library began in 1834 in the Old MCG Building when the Medical College of Georgia built that building on Telfair Street in 1833. When the campus moved from that building in 1913, the library was located in the Newton Building. Later the library was located in the Kelly Building before the current library was built in 1963.
    • Sydenstricker Wing Dedication 1976

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1976)
    • Telemedicine

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-20)
    • University Hospital School of Nursing

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1897)
      This collection of photographs comes from the Alice F. Stewart Papers. Stewart was the Director of Nurses at the University Hospital for 24 years and served as the principal of the hospital's school of nursing. The photographs consist of student nurses in class groups and clinical settings.
    • Urban Renewal, ca. 1968

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This collection consists of photographs and drawings for a proposed urban renewal project for the Health Sciences Campus in the late 1960s.
    • Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD

      Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1945)
      Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD began his career at the Medical College of Georgia in 1920. He was professor of medicine and chair of the department of medicine from 1922 until 1957. Sydenstricker was nationally and internationally recognized in the medical fields of hematology and nutrition. During World War II, he served as the head of the European Nutritional Section of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (1944-1945). In this capacity, he was the medical officer in charge of rehabilitating malnourished victims of the Nazi Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. He also oversaw the rehabilitation of newly released prisoners of war and Dutch civilians. This photograph collection includes photos from Sydenstricker's WWII scrapbook as well as photos taken while on rounds with his residents. The finding aid for the Virgil P. Sydenstricker Collection can be veiwed here - https://guides.augusta.edu/ld.php?content_id=45343880.