• The Graduate School

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      These photographs depict students and professors in the learning environment of The Graduate School which prior to 2011, was known as the MCG School of Graduate Studies. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • The Graduate School - Deans

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Portraits of the individuals who served as Dean of The Graduate School. Up until February 2011, The Graduate School was known as the MCG School of Graduate Studies. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Groundbreaking Events and Construction of Buildings

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This collection of photos were taken at groundbreaking events and during the construction of buildings on the Health Sciences Campus.
    • Health Sciences Campus - Events and Scenes

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This eclectic collection of images features various events and historic scenes of the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus.
    • Health Sciences Campus - Student Life

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2014-12-17)
      These photographs represent campus life for the students of the Augusta University legacy institution, Medical College of Georgia, primarily from the 1970s to the 1980s. Acknowledgement of the Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University as a source is required.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Photographs of various buildings and facilities on the Health Science campus of the Augusta University (formerly called the Medical College of Georgia and the Georgia Health Sciences University). Some buildings are no longer in existence. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Extinct (no longer standing)

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      These are photographs of buildings that once stood on the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus that are no longer standing. Also see the item record "Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Newton Building (Extinct)".
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Kelly Administration Building

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1970)
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Newton Building (Extinct)

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      The Medical College of Georgia moved from its campus on Telfair Street in 1913. The Newton Building housed the administration offices, the library as well as classrooms and laboratories. After the institution built the Murphey, Dugas, and Kelly Buildings, the Newton Building was demolished in 1959.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Old MCG Building on Telfair Street

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      Collection of photographs of the Old MCG Building on Telfair Street. This building was built in 1833 and was the first campus for the Medical College of Georgia.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Old University Hospital (Extinct)

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-20)
      The old University Hospital once stood where today's Health Sciences Building stands. The City of Augusta built the University Hospital which opened in June 1915. Up until the Augusta University Medical Center (then known as the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital) opened in 1956, the old University Hospital was the teaching hospital of the institution. In the 1970s, University Hospital constructed it's current facility and moved out of the old one. The legacy institution of the Health Sciences Campus used the old University Hospital building until it was demolished in the 1990s.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Sanders Research & Education and Hamilton Annex

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-27)
    • Hospital - Augusta University Medical Center, 1956-1960s

      Augusta University, 2011
      These photographs illustrate the early years of the Augusta University Medical Center. The hospital was formally named the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital when it opened in 1956. By the late 1980s, it was known as the MCG Hospital. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) As of January 2016, the hospital is known as the Augusta University Medical Center. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Hospital - Augusta University Medical Center, 1970s

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-27)
    • Hospital - Augusta University Medical Center, 1980s-1990s

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1972)
      These photographs showcase Augusta University Medical Center from the 1980s to the 1990s. When the hospital opened in 1956 as the teaching hospital of the institution, it was formally named the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital. After many years as being known as MCG Hospital, it is today the Augusta University Medical Center.
    • Hospital - Children's Hospital of Georgia

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
    • Hospital - Dedication Ceremony of the Sydenstricker Wing, 1976

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1976)
    • Hospital - Extinct Augusta Hospitals

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      These images are of hospitals no longer in existence. When these hospitals did exist, they allowed faculty and students of the Medical College of Georgia clinical experience and were part of the college's history. Some images were included in the college's annual announcement or catalog.
    • MCG Foundation

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      The photographs were taken at various events hosted by the Medical College of Georgia Foundation.
    • Medical College of Georgia - Class Photographs

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      This collection consists of yearly class photographs of the Medical College of Georgia. From 1950 to February 2011, the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) was one of the five schools under the university-wide name MCG and was known as the MCG School of Medicine. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University