• Hospital - Augusta University Medical Center, 1956-1960s

      Augusta University, 2011
      These photographs illustrate the early years of the Augusta University Medical Center. The hospital was formally named the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital when it opened in 1956. By the late 1980s, it was known as the MCG Hospital. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) As of January 2016, the hospital is known as the Augusta University Medical Center. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University