• Urban Renewal, ca. 1968

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This collection consists of photographs and drawings for a proposed urban renewal project for the Health Sciences Campus in the late 1960s.
    • Health Sciences Campus Events and Scenes

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This eclectic collection of images features various events and historic scenes of the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus.
    • Medical Horizons

      Ciba Pharmaceutical Products, Inc; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1956-09-23)
      This collection of photographs was given to the Medical College of Georgia from the Ciba Pharmaceutical Products, Inc. as a memento of MCG's participation in the "Medical Horizons" telecast on September 23, 1956.
    • Groundbreaking Events and Construction of Buildings

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This collection of photos were taken at groundbreaking events and during the construction of buildings on the Health Sciences Campus.
    • Old MCG Building on Telfair Street

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      Collection of photographs of the Old MCG Building on Telfair Street. This building was built in 1833 and was the first campus for the Medical College of Georgia.
    • Extinct Augusta Hospitals

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      These images are of hospitals no longer in existence. When these hospitals did exist, they allowed faculty and students of the Medical College of Georgia clinical experience and were part of the college's history. Some images were included in the college's annual announcement or catalog.
    • Robert B. Greenblatt, MD Library Photographs

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This photograph collection shows the history of the Robert B. Greenblatt, MD Library located on the Health Sciences Campus of Augusta University. The library began in 1834 in the Old MCG Building when the Medical College of Georgia built that building on Telfair Street in 1833. When the campus moved from that building in 1913, the library was located in the Newton Building. Later the library was located in the Kelly Building before the current library was built in 1963.
    • Children's Hospital of Georgia

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
    • Alumni Association

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
    • MCG Foundation

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      The photographs were taken at various events hosted by the Medical College of Georgia Foundation.
    • Former Faculty on the Health Sciences Campus

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1940)
      This photograph collection consists of former faculty members of the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus when the legacy institution-wide name was the Medical College of Georgia.
    • University Hospital School of Nursing

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1897)
      This collection of photographs comes from the Alice F. Stewart Papers. Stewart was the Director of Nurses at the University Hospital for 24 years and served as the principal of the hospital's school of nursing. The photographs consist of student nurses in class groups and clinical settings.
    • Medical College of Georgia Students

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1950)
      Photographs of Medical College of Georgia students in classroom and laboratory settings. Most photographs were used in campus publications, primarily promotional material such as the course catalogs.
    • Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD

      Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1945)
      Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD began his career at the Medical College of Georgia in 1920. He was professor of medicine and chair of the department of medicine from 1922 until 1957. Sydenstricker was nationally and internationally recognized in the medical fields of hematology and nutrition. During World War II, he served as the head of the European Nutritional Section of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (1944-1945). In this capacity, he was the medical officer in charge of rehabilitating malnourished victims of the Nazi Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. He also oversaw the rehabilitation of newly released prisoners of war and Dutch civilians. This photograph collection includes photos from Sydenstricker's WWII scrapbook as well as photos taken while on rounds with his residents. The finding aid for the Virgil P. Sydenstricker Collection can be veiwed here - https://guides.augusta.edu/ld.php?content_id=45343880.
    • Medical Fraternities on the Health Sciences Campus

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1956)
      Collection of images of medical fraternities on the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus. Some fraternities are no longer in existence. The images in this collection were scanned from the Aesculapian yearbook or from original print photographs. The year range of the images is 1923-1956.
    • President Jesse L. Steinfeld, 1983-1987

      Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1987)
      Jesse Leonard Steinfeld, MD served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School.
    • Dr. Morse Collection

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-02-05)
    • Recording Studio

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-01-10)
    • Dental School

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-01-10)
    • Kelly Administration Building

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1970)