This collection contains images documenting the history of the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus. The images are categorized by the below item records. Each item record contains multiple images.

To view all the item records in the Historical Images collection, click on “Title” in the left-hand column under “Browse Items By”. Click on the item record to view the images. Thumbnail images are viewable in the right-hand column of the item record. Click on an image to view and/or to download.

Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University

© Augusta University. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International. (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ Acknowledgement of the Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University as a source is required.

All items in the repository are protected by copyright; they may be used for educational purposes with proper attribution. All other uses require the author's permission.

Recent Submissions

  • Medical College of Georgia Students

    Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1950)
    Photographs of Medical College of Georgia students in classroom and laboratory settings. Most photographs were used in campus publications, primarily promotional material such as the course catalogs.
  • Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD

    Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1945)
    Virgil P. Sydenstricker, MD began his career at the Medical College of Georgia in 1920. He was professor of medicine and chair of the department of medicine from 1922 until 1957. Sydenstricker was nationally and internationally recognized in the medical fields of hematology and nutrition. During World War II, he served as the head of the European Nutritional Section of the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (1944-1945). In this capacity, he was the medical officer in charge of rehabilitating malnourished victims of the Nazi Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. He also oversaw the rehabilitation of newly released prisoners of war and Dutch civilians. This photograph collection includes photos from Sydenstricker's WWII scrapbook as well as photos taken while on rounds with his residents. The finding aid for the Virgil P. Sydenstricker Collection can be veiwed here - https://guides.augusta.edu/ld.php?content_id=45343880.
  • Medical Fraternities on the Health Sciences Campus

    Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1956)
    Collection of images of medical fraternities on the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus. Some fraternities are no longer in existence. The images in this collection were scanned from the Aesculapian yearbook or from original print photographs. The year range of the images is 1923-1956.
  • President Jesse L. Steinfeld, 1983-1987

    Historical Collections & Archives; Augusta University; Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1987)
    Jesse Leonard Steinfeld, MD served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School.
  • Dr. Morse Collection

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-02-05)
  • Recording Studio

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-01-10)
  • Dental School

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2019-01-10)
  • Kelly Administration Building

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1970)
  • Talmadge Hospital Interior, ca. 1970s

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-27)
  • Campus Building Exteriors 1970s

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-27)
  • President William H. Moretz, 1972-1983

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1972)
    William Henry Moretz served as president of the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) from 1972 to 1983. At that time, MCG was the institution-wide name of the Augusta University's Health Sciences Campus, and consisted of the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Allied Health Sciences, and the Graduate School. Prior to serving as the President of the university, Moretz was a faculty member of the School of Medicine in the Department of Surgery.
  • Telemedicine

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-20)
  • University Hospital

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-20)
  • Sydenstricker Wing Dedication 1976

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1976)
  • 1974 Aerial Photographs of the Augusta University Health Science Campus

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-19)
  • 1973 Aerial Photographs of the Augusta University Health Science Campus

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-19)
  • Talmadge Memorial Hospital Pre-1963 - 1970s

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1972)
    These photographs are from the exterior of Talmade Hospital beginning from pre-1963 into the 70's.
  • Student Life on the Health Sciences Campus

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2014-12-17)
    These photographs represent campus life for the students of the Augusta University legacy institution, Medical College of Georgia, primarily from the 1970s to the 1980s. Acknowledgement of the Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University as a source is required.
  • Deans of the College of Nursing

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
    Portraits of the individuals who served as Deans of the College of Nursing. Up until February 2011, the College of Nursing was known as the MCG School of Nursing. (MCG: Medical College of Georgia) Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
  • Class Photographs of the Medical College of Georgia

    Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
    This collection includes photographs of medical students in classroom settings and yearly class photos. From 1950 to February 2011, the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) was one of the five schools under the university-wide name MCG and was known as the MCG School of Medicine. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University

View more