Genetic and Molecular Basis of QTL of Diabetes in Mouse: Genes and Polymorphisms.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA systematic study has been conducted of all available reports in PubMed and OMIM (Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man) to examine the genetic and molecular basis of quantitative genetic loci (QTL) of diabetes with the main focus on genes and polymorphisms. The major question is, What can the QTL tell us? Specifically, we want to know whether those genome regions differ from other regions in terms of genes relevant to diabetes. Which genes are within those QTL regions, and, among them, which genes have already been linked to diabetes? whether more polymorphisms have been associated with diabetes in the QTL regions than in the non-QTL regions.Our search revealed a total of 9038 genes from 26 type 1 diabetes QTL, which cover 667,096,006 bp of the mouse genomic sequence. On one hand, a large number of candidate genes are in each of these QTL; on the other hand, we found that some obvious candidate genes of QTL have not yet been investigated. Thus, the comprehensive search of candidate genes for known QTL may provide unexpected benefit for identifying QTL genes for diabetes.
CitationCurr Genomics. 2008 Aug; 9(5):324-337
- The complexity in hunting for candidate genes within QTL that determine susceptibility to arthritis in rats.
- Authors: Xiong Q, Zhu J, Hasty KA, Canale ST, Stuart J, Gu W
- Issue date: 2008
- A close examination of genes within quantitative trait loci of bone mineral density in whole mouse genome.
- Authors: Xiong Q, Han C, Beamer WG, Gu W
- Issue date: 2008
- Quantitative trait loci, genes, and polymorphisms that regulate bone mineral density in mouse.
- Authors: Xiong Q, Jiao Y, Hasty KA, Canale ST, Stuart JM, Beamer WG, Deng HW, Baylink D, Gu W
- Issue date: 2009 May
- A meta-analysis of QTL for diabetes-related traits in rodents.
- Authors: Schmidt C, Gonzaludo NP, Strunk S, Dahm S, Schuchhardt J, Kleinjung F, Wuschke S, Joost HG, Al-Hasani H
- Issue date: 2008 Jun 12
- Genetic and molecular basis of quantitative trait loci of arthritis in rat: genes and polymorphisms.
- Authors: Xiong Q, Jiao Y, Hasty KA, Stuart JM, Postlethwaite A, Kang AH, Gu W
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 15