• Hamilton Manometer

      Augusta University (Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University, 2019-06-03)
    • Hank Uterine Dilators: RG20.Items 25-28

      Augusta University (Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University, 2019-03-27)
    • Hazardous Chemical Protection and Right-To-Know Plan Policy

      Environmental Health and Safety Division; Georgia Health Sciences University (2006-12)
      Georgia Health Sciences University has established this plan in order to comply with the Georgia Public Employees Hazardous Chemical Protection and Right-To-Know Act of 1988 as amended, and Georgia Department of Labor Chapter 300-3-19 Public Employee Hazardous Chemical Protection and Right-To-Know Rules.
    • Hazardous Chemical Protection and Right-To-Know Plan Policy

      Environmental Health and Safety Division; Georgia Health Sciences University (2006-12)
      Georgia Health Sciences University has established this plan in order to comply with the Georgia Public Employees Hazardous Chemical Protection and Right-To-Know Act of 1988 as amended, and Georgia Department of Labor Chapter 300-3-19 Public Employee Hazardous Chemical Protection and Right-To-Know Rules.
    • Headache Powders

      Augusta University
    • Health

      Cibirka, Roman; Office of the Vice Provost (Georgia Regents University, 2014-04-04)
    • Health Literacy Training for Healthy Start Participants

      Mears, Kim; Georgia Regents University (2015-05-12)
      Objective The Healthy Start Program aims to improve the adequacy of prenatal care and patient education to high-risk populations experiencing a significantly higher percentage of infant deaths within the first year of life. This project describes the partnership between a librarian and a Healthy Start program to provide nurses, case managers, and community members with training on accessing and evaluating health information resources. Method The director of the Healthy Start program identified the need for training on accessing reliable, evidence-based health information and partnered with a librarian to provide the training. The librarian received a National Network of Libraries of Medicine Southeastern/Atlantic Region training award to provide print materials and equipment necessary to complete the training. The librarian adapted curriculum from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine and offered the training session twice at bi-annual consortium meetings for the Healthy Start program. Assessment of the training sessions were completed through pre and posttests and instructor evaluations. The librarian and director also completed necessary paperwork to qualify the training sessions for Georgia Nurses Association Continuing Education credit for all nurses in attendance. Results Attendance at both of the instruction sessions totaled 28 participants. 54% (n = 16) of participants completed the pre and posttests. Comparison between the pre and posttest scores indicate an increase in knowledge regarding reliable sources of evidence-based nursing resources and the ability to identify and evaluate health information found online. Verbal feedback from the participants indicated satisfaction with the course. Conclusions Partnerships between librarians and community programs can support the efforts of healthcare professional to increase their information literacy skills, potentially resulting in improved health care for their clients and community. This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. HHS-N-276-2011-00004-C with the University of Maryland Baltimore.
    • Health Sciences Campus - Events and Scenes

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      This eclectic collection of images features various events and historic scenes of the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus.
    • Health Sciences Campus - Student Life

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2014-12-17)
      These photographs represent campus life for the students of the Augusta University legacy institution, Medical College of Georgia, primarily from the 1970s to the 1980s. Acknowledgement of the Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University as a source is required.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2011)
      Photographs of various buildings and facilities on the Health Science campus of the Augusta University (formerly called the Medical College of Georgia and the Georgia Health Sciences University). Some buildings are no longer in existence. Credit shall be given as follows: Historical Collections & Archives, Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library, Augusta University
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Extinct (no longer standing)

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      These are photographs of buildings that once stood on the Augusta University Health Sciences Campus that are no longer standing. Also see the item record "Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Newton Building (Extinct)".
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Kelly Administration Building

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 1970)
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Newton Building (Extinct)

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      The Medical College of Georgia moved from its campus on Telfair Street in 1913. The Newton Building housed the administration offices, the library as well as classrooms and laboratories. After the institution built the Murphey, Dugas, and Kelly Buildings, the Newton Building was demolished in 1959.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Old MCG Building on Telfair Street

      Augusta University Libraries; Historical Collections & Archives
      Collection of photographs of the Old MCG Building on Telfair Street. This building was built in 1833 and was the first campus for the Medical College of Georgia.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Old University Hospital (Extinct)

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-20)
      The old University Hospital once stood where today's Health Sciences Building stands. The City of Augusta built the University Hospital which opened in June 1915. Up until the Augusta University Medical Center (then known as the Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital) opened in 1956, the old University Hospital was the teaching hospital of the institution. In the 1970s, University Hospital constructed it's current facility and moved out of the old one. The legacy institution of the Health Sciences Campus used the old University Hospital building until it was demolished in the 1990s.
    • Health Sciences Campus Buildings - Sanders Research & Education and Hamilton Annex

      Historical Collections & Archives (Augusta University, 2018-12-27)
    • Heritage Unit News April 2018

      Kare Flynn; Renee Sharrock; Special Collections; Historical Collections & Archives; university Libraries (Augusta University, 4/17/2018)
      At both Reese Library's Special Collections and Institutional Archives and at and Greenblatt Library's Historical Collections and Archives, the records of the University are arranged by "record groups." This allows us to group similar records together, and to highlight sub groups within our larger record groups. Each record group is assigned a prefix, and a set of numbers.
    • Heritage Unit News April 2019

      Kare Flynn; Renee Sharrock; Special Collections; Historical Collections & Archives; University Libraries (Augusta University, 4/18/2019)
      Reese Library: General Library includes the collection IA.15.01.02.005, Reese Library photograph albums, 1976-2006 Greenblatt Library: RG13 Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library.