In 1828, institutional founder Dr. Milton Antony served as Professor of Diseases of Women and Children but it was not until 1922 that Pediatrics became its own department. In the decades that followed, the faculty established a reputation for excellence in the home for patient- and family-centered care, the Medical College of Georgia. In 2011, we achieved another First! We partnered with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany to establish a material presence for our children's hospital in South Georgia. This latest milestone took place at the tail end of the centennial year for our hospital (1910-2010) and at the beginning of Phoebe's centennial year (1911-2011). In Augusta, you will find a children's team of health professionals that provides exceptional clinical care in a beautiful freestanding children's hospital that consistently and proudly ranks nationally in the top 10% in quality.


This collection contains the scholarly works of faculty in the Department of Pediatrics.


Toolbar


Latest publications  RSS Feed Subscribe for email notification

All items in the repository are protected by copyright; they may be used for educational purposes with proper attribution. All other uses require the author's permission.